It’s simple: without a solid social media presence, your business will never succeed. In fact, if a potential customer goes online to look at your Facebook profile, Twitter feed or other popular social media profile and finds nothing, they may turn their shoulder and do their business elsewhere. However, you need to engage your customers and followers with sharable content so that you can build your company’s brand and reputation. You can’t simply have a social media account and expect it to do something for you.
Many are still uncertain whether they should use social media or not. One reason is because it does require time, effort and dedication on your part. Luckily, there are many social media management tools that can be used that require less effort and save some time. It’s also possible to consider hiring someone for the job to ensure that your social media marketing strategy is top-notch.
Still not sure? Have a look at these statistics:
- Did you know that the combined number of users on Facebook and Twitter exceed 1.2 billion?
- Did you know that Facebook receives more traffic than Google on a weekly basis?
- Did you know that Pinterest, in one year, went from 400,000 users to nearly 19 million?
- Did you know that YouTube is touted as the second largest search engine?
- Did you know social media is considered to be the number one online activity?
- Over half of the marketers using Facebook as a marketing tool have found customers in 2013.
- More than 20% of marketers say that social media has been vitally important to their company in the past six months.
- Close to 30 percent of internet time in the United States is spent on social media sites.
- About 15 percent of mobile internet time in the U.S. is for social networking.
- 36 percent and 43 percent of marketers have found a 2013 customer on Twitter and LinkedIn respectively.
- Almost 50 percent of online users rely heavily on social media when making purchasing decisions.
As you can see, social media is not going anywhere, except up. Without social media, your business is suffering. Engage today or risk your business.